Sunday, October 09, 2011

Something New: Week 1

Last week commenced my 12 Weeks of New, in which I will try something new each week, from now till the end of the year. Instead of living in Ruttsville, I will have learned or experienced something new each week.

What new thing did I do last week? I had been running the two weeks prior to last. In that I wanted to keep my momentum going in the running world, last week I decided that each day I went running, I would pick a new route. I ran on the Konza Prairie, on the K-State campus, in Manhattan neighborhoods, and at the Wamego sport complex (different town). All the runs were fun! The Konza was beautiful, and other than two people perhaps a mile behind me, I had the prairie pretty much to myself. Running on campus and in town allowed me to see trees and falling leaves we don't have out here in the country.* The sport complex run was fun because there were lots of walkers and runners out there with me.

(*We did have a falling tree this week, though. Stories of the Kansas wind are not exaggerated.)
Woodpecker holes.
And,unfortunately, this tree-falling incident rendered the woodpecker homeless;
we discovered its nest in the crook of the fallen timber.

And so I awoke this morning, and I am ready to embark on 12 Weeks of New: Week Two...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...