Saturday, October 08, 2011

Saturdays

"I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."
Audrey Hepburn

"I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks."
Barack Obama

"
Later, in the early teens, I used to ride my bike every Saturday morning to the nearest airport, ten miles away, push airplanes in and out of the hangars, and clean up the hangars."
Alan Shepard

"On Saturday, I was a surgeon in South Africa, very little known. On Monday, I was world renowned."
Christiaan Barnard

"Saturday night is your big night. Everybody used to fry up fish and have one hell of a time. Find me playing till sunrise for 50 cents and a sandwich. And be glad of it. And they really liked the low-down blues."
Muddy Waters

Saturday nights! My Saturday nights are akin to a box of assorted chocolates: each one is great, each one is different from the last, and each one is temporarily satisfying.

This evening? I have lamb curry (Gulai Kambling) on the stove, for the 2nd night in a row; Grad Student Gillian came home for Fall Break, and thought it sounded GREAT! - Which, last night, it was, and so we will have an encore dinner tonight! Who doesn't love curry? And so I am concocting a 2nd serving of the good food.

Saturday for us usually include the morning cycling Pancake Ride. But this morning was windy and blah-de-blah-de-blah, and so that Spouse o' Mine and I opted out.

I spent my morning on the internet (because I was still hopped up on two - READ: TWO Benadryl tablets from the night before - one at dinnertime, and one at midnight...) and wasn't too clear about what I should be doing on this glorious autumn Saturday morning. Honestly, every year at this time I think, Gracious me, what is happening to my body?!!! The allergies I experience this month are, to me, horrendous. I want to take a bottle-brush and move it through from ear to ear, the allergy itching is so bad. And I am, this weekend, in horrendous mode. If I am taking TWO Benadryls in an evening, then I know my system is in disorder.

And here we are Saturday evening, Gulai Kambling, green beans, basmati rice, served. Football: on.
Me: in another room.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...