Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Ennui

So this week's theme is Summer Ennui. Why? Because I am not a fan of heat, sweat, sunburns, hot wind, humidity, and therefore, I am not an active participant in much going on this week/month/season. I feel lethargic most of the day.

OK. Enough whining.

This weekend we Armstrongs headed south to the mother country (Pryor Creek, Oklahoma), for our annual Reese Webster family reunion. I love this weekend, each year. I would love it more if we didn't sweat TONS while we frolicked and ate and frolicked more. The matriarchs and patriarchs of this fine weekend are in their 80s. It does not stop any of the four of them - I am thinking...those are GREAT genes they are passing on! They are physically, mentally, and humorously active. Yippee for the older generation.

And yippee for each generation we have in the Reese Websters. Not a slug in the lot, and we even have babies coming up to ooh and ah over. These family reunions are what novels are written about. Good novels, that is.

So back to the aforementioned heat about which I said I would not whine anymore. This morning, after venturing out to feed dog, cats, ducks and ponies, I came in and changed out of my sweat-soaked clothing (no whining there), and settled down at the computer, which is right near an AC vent, to read a few emails and such. There was a recipe for raised doughnuts. Hmmm... I recalled my mother-in-law making those treats back on her farm in Australia on a winter's day.

OK! My day had a purpose! (Besides sitting near an AC vent.) I would make doughnuts!


So there you go. The 200th day of the year, and I made raised doughnuts to celebrate it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...