Thursday, July 15, 2010

Le Tour: Stage 11

Sisteron - Bourg-lès-Valence

So the drama that unfolded today in Stage 11 of the Tour de France is "the head-butting" incident, in just the last sprint of the 184.5 km day:

I cannot imagine A) Riding my bike 38 mph or so, and B) having someone come up and commence HEADBUTTING ME at that speed. Not once, but twice! What??? The head-butter, Aussie Mark Renshaw,(Team Columbia) has been ousted from the rest of Le Tour. The head-butt recipient, New Zealander Julian Den, (Team Garmin) exhibited quite the respectable sportsmanlike conduct about it all, and I applaud him.


I have very little experience in comparison to this head-butting incident. Except the day that the Spouse o' Mine opted to "bump" me a couple of times on my bike. This means he came up alongside my bike and whacked (my description) my bike a couple of times with his. What response that elicited from me was a bad word. Or two. Hmmm...maybe three. He just laughed and said he was training me for a crit.

Bad boy.

On a happy, SPORTSMANLIKE note, here is a nice Tour photo:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...