Monday, July 12, 2010

Avian Antics Again

I know I tell too many bird stories. But here's today's:

I was at a garden center today (I know, I know - again...), when I spied a young little bird perched on a plant approximately the same height as my shoulder.

I looked at him. He looked at me.

He didn't move. I did - I got closer.

He just kept looking at me. So I stuck my finger out to him.

He hopped on! I smiled.

And then I looked around to see if anyone was watching this. There was no one remotely near me. Still, I HAD to share it with someone. And my personality is such that I am positively willing to talk to any stranger, anytime. Case in point:

There was a lady clear over in another section of plants, at least 30 yards from me and in a completely different aisle. I yelled over to her, "HEY! LOOK AT THIS!!" And she looked over at me standing there with my finger in the air with a little bird on it. She smiled and exclaimed that she had never seen anything like it.

I guess that's all the little bird needed to hear, because he flew off my hand and went back to the shrubs.

~ The end.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Haha! That's really amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...