Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Ennui, Day 3

Day Three was yesterday. How much longer is this summertime business going to go on?!

Yesterday was as hot as the day before and the day before that. The Darwinian garden is beginning to show evidence as to who is boss out there. (the weeds) I ventured out to check on things, picked 8 tomatoes (down from 21/day), and looked for my zucchini plant - thinking it should be producing something soon. Not there. What? Zucchini plants are known to meander, but not just get up and disappear!

OH NO!!!!

He did it again.

He KNOWS my garden is off-limits.

He KNOWS how I feel about his interfering in my gardens.

He KNOWS I don't like chemicals on my plants and in my gardens. (That's why I have ducks for Pete's sake.)

THAT SPOUSE O'MINE SPRAYED MY ZUCCHINI PLANT WITH ROUND-UP!!!!

Anyone who knows zucchini knows you only need one zucchini plant. One plant produces enough vegetables for an entire neighborhood. I don't have a back-up zucchini plant!!

No zucchini this summer... .

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

We had a couple of zucchini plants, but they are not doing so well, despite not having Round-up sprayed on them. Dale has been babying them along and they are nearly ready to succumb to the heat.

Like me....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...