Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday ramblings

So nice to have a Saturday when Daughter #1 comes home from her grad school, and we still have the College Boy home. I wish we had Daughter #2 here as well, but she is settling in to her nascent professional life and it is good, so we will think good thoughts on that, and look forward to Christmas. Or to my visit to Virginia. Yes - that may come first.

I have a brother or two who are flitting, either just up north or just down south of the Arctic Circle. Wish I were there...

That spouse o' mine came home this week with an invitation for tonight: a potluck picnic. Out in the 90+º Saturday afternoon. I sent my regrets as well as a dandy salad from our garden. That spouse o' mine, Daughter #1, and the College Boy attended in my absence. They are probably thinking the food there is going to be better than the cold salad supper they would be getting here.

Darwinian Garden report:
  • 2 little cherry tomatoes which I opted to share with no one, and ate myself; a summer vitamin of the soul, I am telling you.
  • Twenty-plus lemon cucumbers. Now I need to do something QUICK!! Either pickle (yes), barter (yes), force-feed to the family (yes), or ... have any suggestions?
Each and every morning lately I have awoken thinking that THIS will be the morning I get back into my 7.5 mile walk/run, or my 24-mile bike ride, or omigoshpleaseletmedosomethingphysical.

It has not happened yet.

Come on, autumn, and your frost and happy pumpkins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...