Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Thoughtfulness



The College Boy goes to Western Washington University.  He is spending his summer in the Flint Hills of Kansas, working on an internship in computer science.

Tonight he and I were trying to ascertain the name of some giant moth found out in our pasture - not a luna - but some large, geometrically-designed moth.   

The College Boy told me about some man in Washington who is discovering new moth species and naming them for his daughter, his wife, etc.  I remarked that I wouldn't necessarily like to have a moth named after me.  Tricia Moth?  Kind of a No-Go.

He responded:  What if there is a moth which secretes an enzyme which will cure cancer?  Wouldn't it be neat to have it named after you?

Ok.  He's got me there, I suppose.

This is why it's great to have the kids home for the summer.  They make me think, and ponder, and surmise. 

1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

We are on the same wave length. I am writing a "gratitude" list (5 items each day) and reading my bible (no group). Yes, it's good for mental health, cuts the complaining way down too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...