Monday, September 13, 2010

Very Simple Pleasures. Blessings.

I was on the phone this evening with my parents. Talking to them is always such a pleasure! They are always funny, upbeat, funny, well-read, well-spoken, funny, active, and funny. Mom and I commiserated about Windows 7. Mom is in her 80s and knows more than I do about Microsoft and its products. Dad is training for his upcoming tennis tourney and 5K. Dad is a jaunty 80-something who blends in to any jock conversation with ease.

As I was talking to them, Daughter #2 called my cell, and that Spouse o' Mine chatted with her. After I got off the phone w/ Mom & Dad, I talked to her. So nice to hear her voice, to hear what she is doing in Virginia! I live vicariously through our three adult children now. I love what they are all doing. Claire and her boyfriend went into Georgetown (D.C.) this weekend, planning to eat at the restaurant where John & Jacqueline Kennedy got engaged. Claire saw the menu: soup: $38.00. She suggested moving on to another, cheaper, venue. Love my kids.

We are embracing our family this week. Our community has been shaken and bruised by the death of one of our "kids". A family dear and respected by us has lost their son, a sophomore in college. Our College Boy's classmate in high school, his fellow scout member, a boy we all embraced early on as a great kid. A great young adult.

It's time to turn to your family and simply tell them: I love you.

1 comment:

CHD said...

OH NO! What happened? I often wonder if that is an inappropriate question, but naturally, I want to know to see if it is of use. Learn from others mistakes sort of thing. "Is it avoidable" is the real question. Don't jump out of perfectly decent airplanes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...