Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nature. Kill Them.

My banana trees, in my grotto, and underneath, imagine a pond with a few big ol' goldfish (not Koi), and a couple of little frogs lolling about.


And then, the hideous grasshopper colony: they were not part of our pastoral contingency all summer long - until this week. WHAT THE HECK? (as our daughter might exclaim.)



That Spouse o' mine was off to the local Man Store. I asked him to acquire some bug spray for my grotto. This was with some sadness - I have never, ever opted to resort to bug killer in my gardening. But I have had it, with the heat, the wind, the reports of 90-mph winds, the lightning, and WHATEVER.

All I can say is: Grasshoppers, I am taking you out.


And also? Come on, autumn...you are SO WELCOME.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...