Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sunny Sunday

It is 6:30 pm and 103º outside. And windy. Like God's blowdrier is on high. The corn which was green last week has suddenly taken a turn for brown. As has our grass, the day lilies, and my mental well-being.

But this morning I managed a 2-mile walk/run, mowing more pasture and front yard, groceries, and neighbor's animal care before my afternoon hibernation. Napping and quilting after that, and now pizza dough rising in the oven. (Yes, I am baking. I don't quit baking in the summer, even in 103º weather.)

Tomorrow morning I hope to get out and do another walk/run, sans stupid motorist staring and glowering at me - what was that all about this am, anyway, and sans the 3-dog threat I got from the idiot neighbors down the road. I don't want to even get into either of these, because it pretty much broke up what should have been a glorious-albeit hot-hot-hot morning run.

What was FUN about the run was the 18+ Canada geese in the field just south of our house. For no particular reason did I enjoy it...I guess it was nice to see something out of the ordinary. Kind of like my anticipating a giant pterodactyl on last week's ride. I am fully up for surprises.

Tomorrow holds another walk/run (this term changes into run/walk at some point, and then "run". But this will be when the temps go down, say, about 60º.), followed by a bit more mowing and then going over to a neighbor's to pick okra while they are vacationing.

Love that okra!

2 comments:

Melissa G said...

Thanks, Tricia, for taking care of our animals! One of these days I may see you as you're on your morning walk/run. But not until it cools off a bit - I don't care for asthma-like attacks while I'm out "wogging". And I'll remember to carry a big stick for those mean dogs down the road.

twebsterarmstrong said...

Sorry your chicken died.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...