Thursday, March 17, 2011

What a Day

This activity took up a goodly amount
of my time and attention today.
But the pup's been apprehended,
and is now fast asleep on our back porch.
It is said that bloodhounds are a high-energy breed
who tend to follow their noses in their meandering.
I would concur.
I met more "neighbors" in Wabaunsee County today
than I have in the ten years we have lived here.

I even had two truck drivers stop by our house
and give me sighting reports on this pup.
(I am keeping the LOST signs in storage...)

The "up" note in my day was visiting
the visiting Tibetan Monks at K-State.

Monk Parade:





Grad student Gillian has five Tibetan monks
in her ESL class this semester.
She says that they are very nice and funny, too.

Well. I am glad that this day is coming to an end,
and a happy ending with it.

But wait!
In all the canine hullabaloo news I was relating in this post,
I neglected to tranquilly describe
the scads of robins out in our pasture this morning.
(Yes!! When I was frantically calling
and whistling for BEAU!! BEAU!! BEAU!!)

I have to tell you,
the migratory robins migrated
right into Wabaunsee County last night,
and their chatter in the trees was nearly deafening
when I was hiking the creek for You-Know-Who.

I am not sure I have ever scene such a flock before...

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Thank goodness the dog came back.

Did you see the sand painting??

twebsterarmstrong said...

Yes! But I didn't get to take any good photos of it because a crowd had already gathered. During the ceremony one of the monks took a brush and swept it away, round & round the circle. Then they put pits of sand into little bags and gave them to the little kids who were there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...