Friday, March 04, 2011

Fifty-one

Fifty-one.

Here I am, middle age!

How is it, I feel so good? I always thought middle age was going to be decrepit, surly, and painfully depressing.

It's not! I feel pretty darn good!

The kids are gone and in good stead. That Spouse o' Mine is here and in good stead. I am here and in good stead.

I went and rode my bike 54 miles yesterday. It was to be tomorrow, but for the Flint Hills weather report of "Winter Mix".

So mid-morning yesterday, I embarked on a 5/something -hour bike ride on my lonesome, into a headwind for 25 miles. The temps were GREAT. The wind was most unpleasant.

I had lots of time to think. Sing. Whistle. Smile and wave. Grimace.

It was all there, all my emotions.

And finally, the last half mile...I saw that Spouse o' Mine's car in the drive. Home early from work. All I could think was "happy". I know he was not home early for me, but I was happy that he was there to cheer me on my last moment of my Birthday Ride.

After that? Two hours after my return, we went to hear a string quintet from the Kansas City Symphony.

What a fun "pre-celebration" of my days.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Was it not thunderstorming where you are?? It rained all day yesterday here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...