Monday, March 21, 2011

An Hourglass

There is nothing finer than a day spent in Kansas City with the daughters.

We laughed, we shopped, we dined, we shopped some more. We gossiped. We discussed and argued and reminisced and shopped some more.

I had flashbacks at several points in our afternoon. Funny, bittersweet, where-did-the-time-go flashbacks.

When I was their age, my Mom, my sister and I would make seasonal dates to Tulsa, Oklahoma to laugh, shop, dine, shop, gossip, discuss, argue, reminisce, and shop some more. Oh, the FUN we had! I miss those trips tremendously. I recall all the great times I had with my sister. I enjoy all the great times I share with my brothers. (Although they're not the shopping, gossiping, dining types...) I love that Mom and I still laugh, and dine, and we might gossip (but she will deny that, right there).

Today was one of those fun family days we cherish. I was amazed that I looked back in time today, to see the earlier chapter of this book.

Where did that chapter go? How did I come to this chapter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...