Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wordless Wednesday:Holiday Chapter:

So...the holidays are coming up! Big Family Christmas for us is in three short short days! Am I excited? YES! Am I worried? NO! Should I be? Perhaps!

Backtrack a bit: Big Family Christmas Expectations #1

And soon after the email from my SIL, I received this, from a big brother:

The first annual “Short Story Writing Contest starts now!

You have two ways to participate.

One, write a story (or dig one up you already wrote).

Or, two, read, enjoy and rate the entries.

Well! We are a tribe of competitors, and so I am competing. I was up late last night, conjuring up a great (so I thought) short story. When I reread it this afternoon, I began harboring doubts: Long Island, a Jewish family, what? I think it is good writing, but not up to snuff for the judges who will be judging.

And so here I am, on Wordless Wednesday...wordless.

Burning the midnight oil...

Oh - and the Big Family Christmas Expectation #1? Under control, in a maniacal way. Who am I to fret with homemade Dirty Santa gifts? I tell you: the creative Armstrongs are coming, girded with gifts unimagined.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...