Thursday, December 02, 2010

I am a Winner!

Well, yippee!

I am a winner. I can't remember the last time I won something, came in first at something, even came in second for something. Oh, wait; yes, I do...I was ALWAYS 2nd chair flute in band, from 6th grade on up. Never first. Never the winner.

I came in last at the White Sands Missile Range Century. (100 miles of cycling.) I am usually in the back of some 5K pack. My Sunflower Games Crit? (Cycling road race.) Dead last. Deader-than-a-doornail last: http://twebsterarmstrong.blogspot.com/2009/05/thrill-of-victory.html

But tonight, I won! I won a pair of running shoes from our local running store, Manhattan Running Company! I feel...somewhere between victorious and Now-I-Have-to-Run-a-Marathon.

But I am a winner!!

2 comments:

CHD said...

Ooooh, yes. Is that a Blessing? Or, an obligation!

Claire Hilary said...

Wow!! Im impresssed!! Go Manhattan Running Company! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...