Sunday, December 05, 2010

Polar Day

There was significantly more walk in my 7.5-mile walk-run this afternoon. And my 7.5-mile walk-run was abbreviated to 5.5 miles. Boy, did it seem cold out! It was 31ยบ, but the wind and shadows made me think colder.

Yesterday we watched the NCAA National Cross Country Championships. The races were held in Louisville, Kentucky. The weather was such that the collegiate racers were running in snow.

Their running yesterday and my running (or walking) today are markedly different, even though the temperatures were about the same. As you can see from the photo that Spouse o' Mine took this afternoon (he came looking for me on his bike; I think I was taking too long...), I am bundled up (somewhat) from head-to-toe. Yesterday's runners wore running shorts and singlets, running shoes (read: thin and very lightweight) and little else. The men ran 10K in the snow in that apparel, and the women, 6K.

I think those college kids are tougher than I am!

***********************************************************************
Below:
The Cat(s) Who Came in from the Cold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...