Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Twelve Nights: Fun and Joy

OK, this post is an aside to my planned Twelfth Night posts and pics. But I have to tell you what the guys are doing tonight.

It is dark.

It is windy.

The guys (That Spouse o' Mine Paul and the College Kid Graham) got kites in their stockings at Christmas. From Santa Claus! They (and the daughters) have flown them already. Tonight holds an above-freezing temp, and 15 mph winds. I just heard that Spouse o' Mine say to Graham, "It's really not that cold out."

So the guys have taken their kites out just now (note: 200' of nylon string; that's an altitude for kites!), and they have added their bike lights to the kites. They want to see the kites at 200' in the dark.

Yep. Merry Twelve Nights.

Postnote: I just went out to the dark, dark pasture. I could not see anything, but I heard two voices talking about the kites, the wind, the night. Father-son, Christmas memories.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...