Sunday, November 14, 2010

Art...and Not

This afternoon the Grad Student and I ventured out to experience a national craftsman exhibit at a local art gallery. We went, expecting art, and we got some. And we got some which was questionable. Sorry, artists.

I am not a ceramics fan, so the collection of contemporary ceramics, (ceramic pigs stacked on top of each other) did not take. There were some pricey aluminum pixels which were interesting, but they were certainly not calling my name in any way, shape, or form. (1"x1" metal squares clipped from soda cans and whatnot, then attached together with thin wire to make a mosaic of some sort: again, not calling my name. There were some oils. I questioned the talent there. Not that I am a great painter, but if I aim to attach a $6000 price tag to my 10" canvas, I'd better not have sloppy mountain slopes. (In my artistic mind, that is...)

So what was the highlight of this afternoon? We did enjoy some of the art - there were giclee portraits which were really nice. And some Asian ceramic vases which were out of this world, and affordable, to boot!

Here is "some art" that the Grad Student and I enjoyed on our way to the gallery:


This was the funniest bus I have seen in ages! We had a fun time taking the pics - the driver and ? family? inside were laughing and waiving as the Grad Student clicked on them.

And now... Completion Project Week #6:

What in the world is this, you may ask?

It's a dimmer switch, sillies. For weeks, nay, maybe a couple/few months, our dining room chandelier has been on the fritz. On one moment, off the next few. This weekend, the Grad Student was trying to study at the dining room table, to no avail (albeit politely), and so that was it!! This morning the three of us, that Spouse o' Mine, the Grad Student, and I , went to the Man Store and purchased a number of things, one of which was a new dimmer switch and switch plate!

Now, the disclaimer here is that that Spouse o' Mine took over the electrical nonsense involved in switching out the switch...I think he thought A) We would have too much fun with it, or B) He was in no mood to transport me to the hospital with electrical burns, so early on a Sunday afternoon. Football commencing, and all...

But it's done, and I did not even have to tat a doily this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...