Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Disaster Averted

I could almost title this entry:

REALLY Bad Disaster Averted

This morning I commenced my 7.5 mile walk/run. I had a leftover bottle from my bike ride the night before, and I thought, in that it was windy & sunny and very nearly hot, I might like a little mid-jaunt refreshment. (This leftover bottle business is one of two cycling bottles I usually have w/ me on my bike, and I generally fill them with one part juice to three parts water. The juice is to make the water palatable.)

I took the bottle w/ me, with the plan to drop it alongside the road for my return trip. And I knew just the place - a semi-private drive down the road, in the shade, and away from the road's dust.

Well! I got to my drop point, lush grass and shade, and...SCADS OF POISON IVY!

Omigoodness. If I hadn't known better, MUCH better, I could have dropped my drink into the poison ivy, returned for my refreshment, and...four days later, suffered unimaginable (no, no - I CAN imagine!) wrath of rash.

Darn good thing I was Girl Scout, is all I can say.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...