Monday, May 03, 2010

Comfort Food, and the Neighborhood

I love to cook. Love it! I think this passion has been passed down to the next generation, because both daughters send me interesting and wonderful recipes they discover. And even the College Boy dabbles in cooking nutritious food.

Here's a link to what I have decided is one of my FAVORITE comfort foods:

Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls

Bon Appétit!

On other subjects...a neighbor stopped by this afternoon, and we sat out under the trees for a bit, chatting about the cherry season in the Pacific Northwest, the Boston Marathon, and week-old baby ducklings. And I took her for a tour of my Darwinian vegetable garden, my cutting garden, and my birdseed garden. We pulled some horseradish and lettuce for her to take home for dinner, and then we both went back to our respective work: she, a rancher, and I, a self-employed business owner, working with orchard growers thousands of miles away from rural Kansas.

This evening I threw a pork tenderloin into the oven just minutes after Daughter #2 called to beckon me out on a bike ride. I took her bait, threw on my cycling gear and threw in the tenderloin, and off I went, to meet her. We rode and chatted and laughed and waved at neighbors and farmers and ranchers who passed us on the road. It was a nice evening ride.

Now I am back, ready for this evening's activities: cello practice and maybe a few quilt squares to be completed.

The end of the day: sigh...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...