Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bloomsburg, Zanesville, and...

Bloomsburg, PA.  I checked in here the next night.  What a great town!  It's situated in a beautiful area of hilly, treeful Pennsylvania.  Once I checked into my hotel for the night, I jumped back into the car to peruse my surroundings.  I headed over to the Bloomsburg University campus to have a look-see...

The main drags of the campus area were terrific!  All the shops and restaurants were open, and students were all over the place.  (The first weekend of school, after all.)  And...the students were sober!  I mentioned this to daughter Gillian.  I said that perhaps it was a Christian University?  She answered that 7:00 pm was a bit early for the college crowd to be hanging from the rafters.    Nevertheless, I loved that in addition to all the students hanging about, there were lots of family-type folk, complete with strollers and toddlers in tow.  A good community, in my opinion!

The next morning, I once again aimed my car east, into the sunrise.  At some point I arrived at Zanesville, Ohio.  What a quaint   town! It’s an old town, and I saw lots and lots of old churches.  Beautiful old churches!  I am going to research just how many old (and big) churches this little town has.


As I was making my drive through this old town,  I very suddenly found myself in a pickle:  I dislike driving across long bridges.  Reoccurring dreams about the apex of a bridge, (or a Ferris wheel, in the variation on a dreamful theme),  make me unsettled, both in sleep and in consciousness.
So here I found myself, driving across not any bridge, but A BIG SUSPENSION  BRIDGE.  

In real life. 

Omigoodness.  I had no choice but to take it, not unlike climbing up the ladder to the high dive with eight other kids waiting in line.  There were cars behind me.  I had to go.  Somewhere in the middle of the bridge I broke out into song, “Jesus calls us o’er the tumult of our life’s wild restless sea…”  and slowly moved my car across the bridge.  Once over, I had my look-see of the town, albeit a bit on edge.  On the return trip over the bridge was equally as awful: I read a sign that stated:”Maintain 50 feet between vehicles.”  And I must have been the only one who read the sign!!  There were cars following right behind me!!    Am I the only one around here who follows the rules?!

From Zanesville, I continued on...east, and east, and east...

...so eager to get to the coast, to meet up with Gillian and that Spouse o' Mine...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...