Tuesday, December 04, 2012

May the Bluebird...

We have a small pond in what I call our grotto.  In the summer months it houses our giant goldfish, specimen I acquired from the bait shop (yes, I live such a rich life) down by our local lake.  In addition to minnows, they sell giant goldfish, not to be confused with their prettier (hush!) and more expensive brethren, the Koi. 

In the winter, not much goes on in the grotto.  I don't sit out there in the cold, the cats are whiney-pots out there in the winter (meow-ee-pots?), and the giant banana trees and elephant ears have been removed for the winter, along with the herb garden.  It's desolate out there.

But this morning I poured myself a cup of coffee and glanced out to see TWO pretty, pretty bluebirds hopping along the limestone border of the grotto pond.  Getting drinks!  So BLUE, they were.

That was the highlight of my morning coffee, folks.  It made my morning!

(And the photo?  Stock internet photo, not my own.  
But the bluebird looks just like ours, as does the grotto's dog-ear fencepost.)

1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

You've made my day. Just once, I'd like to see a bluebird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...