Sunday, December 02, 2012

Day is Done

Just as we left church this morning that Spouse o' Mine observed, "We have five and a half hours of daylight left."  I looked at him and burst out laughing.  He wasn't laughing.  He was serious.  What to do, what to do in the daylight...

He opted to go on his 38-mile bike ride.  I opted for a 7.5 mile walk/run.  This is how we do the Day of Rest.  Off we went!

By mile number seven I was feeling a little pained.  Tired.  Ready for the party to be over.  I ran some, I walked some on that last mile.  The running began to take on some lurching elements.  It was time to be DONE.

I arrived home shortly after that Spouse o' Mine.  He was spent, too.  We cleaned up, showered, had a light snack.  I still needed to take the dogs out for their evening romp, and I didn't know if my legs could stand it.  The hounds bounded out into the pasture and I limped along, carrying a walking stick.  We went down to the creek, and that's when I turned back to face west:

OMIGOODNESS.  Beautiful. 

Run, run, I told myself.  Run run, run back to the house and grab the camera.  Run!!  

I hobbled very, very slowly back to the house, limping along like Quasimoto, reached the house, grabbed a camera, and lurched back down to the creek.  

Here's what I got:







1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

Spectacular. Worth that last run.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...