Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh! Doe!

A funny thing happened on the way through the mountains today.

I got on my bike semi-early this morning, on a trail to who-knew-where: I was not sure where I would go, or how far, or anything else. Just a bike ride. In the mountains. Just me and my thoughts.

That attitude lasted, say, two miles. I was going fast for me, 19 mph. Zooming along, refraining from belting out Oh What a Beautiful Morning (because I was not in the rightful state). A mountain biker heading east smiled as I smiled, on my western route. No sooner than we smiled our Good Mornings to each other,

OH CRAP!!!!!

That's what came out of my mouth. Very loudly.

A big doe stepped out in front of my path and stopped. I think she saw the mountain bike, and not mine.

BUT MINE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO HIT HER!!!!

In a matter of mere seconds or less, I thought "Death by Doe". This girl was large. As large as a small horse. I would never dream of hitting a small horse while going 19 mph on my bicycle. I used both brakes, which made me skid a bit, and then nature took its course and the doe focused on ME instead of that mountain biker.

And she hopped back to the grass along the bike path as I was still braking down from 19 mph, and she hopped, all four legs in symmetry, alongside of me.

Wowee.

I don't make these things up.

Everyone should ride a bike.


My bike came to a stop, and Tigger-the-Doe kept bouncing along, parallel to my path for about 30 more yards, then she cast a glance at me, paused, and hopped (again, all four feet bouncing together) into the bike lane and across the road.

Wowee.

I don't make these things up.

Everyone should ride a bike.


The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

Amazing! Sounds like the doe wanted to race. hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...