Monday, July 11, 2011

Colorado Cool

I fled the heat of Kansas early yesterday morning and drove nine hours to the mountains of Colorado. That Spouse o' Mine told me last night that I left none too soon: the triple-digit heat and humidity has arrived in Kansas once again.

I stopped in Denver for a bit, waiting for the daily lightning storm to pass across the mountains, and then continued my journey west. Here is what I saw alongside the interstate west of Denver:

That is a stock photo I got online; careening through the peaks and valleys with traffic didn't allow for me to grab my camera for my photo ops. I have seen bighorn sheep from a distance, but it sure was fun to them up close like that!

The high temperature for the week is forecast to be 72 degrees. The lows, mid-40s.

Happy to be here...

3 comments:

mllr said...

I wish I was with you!

Melissa G said...

This makes two of my friends who have gone to CO this week. Sure wish I could have gone with one of you! It is so stinkin' hot here...bleh.

twebsterarmstrong said...

I hope you both got some rain and some respite from the searing heat.

I am a wimp. Paul, I think, was happy to see me off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...