Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tuesday Newsday:

I awoke and rolled out of bed at 5:00 am this morning. The sun was sort of up, and I was sort of awake, so it made sense to start my day. I am so glad I did.

After some coffee and yoga and a look at the news, I headed out on a run. A run/walk, if you will. Interestingly, there were several people out on Wabaunsee Road at the break of dawn. They must have read the same weather forecast as I had: HOT and WINDY. If the Kansas folk forecast WINDY, that means batten down the hatches. I waved and said hello to several people along my way, and then I headed home to attend to the canine residents at our place. They need exercise as much - no, more than I do - they go stark raving nutso if they don't get their sillies out a few times a day, and in the heat, they tend to lie around and think up bad-dog things to do around the yard: dig, chew on small trees, chase a cat or a duck, pester the slumbering ponies, bark at passing semis, - you name it. It's just better to spend half a hour out in the pasture, letting the dogs think they own the place, and let them chase scents of bunnies and foxes and such. Then they retreat quietly into the yard and snooze in the shade through the summer heat of the day.

Tonight that Spouse o' Mine and I went to a Wabaunsee potluck dinner, down at the Beecher Bible and Rifle Church. We visited with folks, both kith and stranger, and then we headed home.

Home this evening: where we normally enjoy two televisions, the one upstairs seems to be on a lightning/storm/end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it blink. That Spouse o' Mine wants to watch basketball. I want to watch Cats. We have one operational TV. B-Ball wins. I am going to go in and catch up on my magazine reading. I will catch Cats on DVD once again from the local library.

I do love that musical...

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Yeah, that was another thing I forgot: my yoga mat!

Mike said...

Cats is a lousy musical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...