Monday, June 06, 2011

Family Time

I headed south for the weekend - to Pryor Creek, Oklahoma, my home town. The pretext was to help my parents after my mother's knee replacement surgery. Pretext, I say, because she didn't need help, nor did my Dad. They had it together, three days after surgery, when they arrived back home. Maybe it is a case of who needs whom? Sometimes I still need my parents, I guess. Sometimes I still need to know they are as I last left them. And they are...

I had fun! I saw three brothers, a couple of sisters-in-law, a niece here and a couple of nephs there...all three wonderfully fun next-generationals. I love seeing the grown-up versions of the little tykes from just a few years ago.

Last week, my PC took a major dive from some cliff in Acapulco, I think. It appeared that nothing, no files - no documents, no photos, survived. Where did it all go? Even though I had just made a backup of files the week before, it was disheartening. I emailed brothers, nephs, and computer friends. My Middle-Older Brother Bob emailed, "Just bring it home with you and someone will fix it." Wowee. Really?

Sure enough. Apparently when you get a couple of degrees in Computer Science, they award you with a magic wand. And that's all it takes, I think, because he re-delivered my PC to me this morning, all good to go. I paid him with chocolate chip cookies. Which he, Mister Triathlon, declined. So one of the nephs took a couple, and the rest are the property of the Parents in Pryor Creek.

Driving the 5 hours north towards home it was ~ 97-101ยบ the entire jolly way. And my car's AC was not up to snuff. I called that Spouse o' Mine and whined, to which he replied, "Maybe it needs some coolant." Well, that did not cheer me one whit. I stopped at a Barnes and Noble for a city nature break, and, walking in the door, the COLD AC took my breath away. I stayed in B & N for 25 minutes because it felt SO NICE. AHhhhhhh......

And now I am home again, jiggety-jig. That Spouse o' Mine told me one duckling died in my absence, and for that I am sad. Well, 15 little guys and one big duck: that should still keep the beetles and bugs and grasshoppers at bay...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...