Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring and Summer and Back Again

On Monday the spring temperature rose to late summer level: 100º!!
This afternoon, it is 49º and blustery.
One can guess which day saw me outdoors doing things.

Irises!

Purple-laced


White and purple

Blue-laced

Dark, dark purple

Light-as-air blue

Really black


The roots to these irises all had their proper "iris" names penciled onto them two years ago. I suppose I was to write down the name and the location I planted each one for my records, but I find it easier to name them whatever I feel like naming them once I see them.

Lots of common purple irises.
Apropos that there should be
a bicycle wheel hanging in the Brickhouse window...
i.e., my conservatory, until I get this one:

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Pretty! Since the tulips are all gone on campus now, we've got irises too, but not as many colors as you have. I definitely thought about whacking some to take home with me...

Gillian said...

(I'm pretty sure my tuition pays for KU's landscaping is why.)

twebsterarmstrong said...

Where's that LIKE button? (In that I agree about your tuition...)

Elizabeth said...

I LIKE yer irishes. How do I get some bulbs like that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...