Sunday, February 13, 2011

Per Aspera

We had a bee-yootiful day. Sunny. Warm.

We saw a bald eagle up-close on our drive across the viaduct this morning.

Life is good!

After church, that Spouse o' mine and I had a quick sandwich and hopped on our bikes.
20 miles! Let's go! Life is good!

Wait a minute - WHERE did that wind come from? The 20 mile an hour HEADWIND?! The 28 mph GUSTS?! The headwind that nearly knocked me into snow drifts twice on the ride?!

I will admit, the ten miles out was unpleasant. Difficult. We couldn't even carry on a conversation. This, our foray into the new year's cycling season. Cycling, with adversity.
Per aspera.

But I will also admit, the returning ten miles was pretty delightful. 20-26 mph with that tailwind carrying me along! Whoopee! Ad astra! To the stars!!!

And now, evening, ...
I can barely move.

Ad astra, per aspera.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...