Tuesday, February 01, 2011

February : Love

I am not used to having animals indoors with me all hours of the day and night, but the weather being what it is, I cajoled a big dog into the mudroom, and the cats didn't have to be asked twice to spend the day out of the wind and snow.

I lost myself in what ever I was doing for a couple of hours, but later I heard something that sounded...like tires spinning in the snow and ice? I looked out to the north road: nothing. I looked out to the west road: no one. I did this twice in the matter of a half hour; what was that noise?!

Finally, I got it: Biserka the Bouvier had sneaked out of the mudroom and had tip-pawed upstairs. She apparently is lying right above me as I sit in the study... and she is snoring!! I thought it was a farm truck stuck in the ditch.

And Euripides has joined me in the study. I know what he is dreaming about:
He's sunbathing in his sleep.

February 1st: how about a love poem?

Eros

The sense of the world is short,

Long and various the report,

To love and be beloved;

Men and gods have not outlearned it,

And how oft soe'er they've turned it,

'Tis not to be improved.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...