Friday, October 15, 2010

Lifestyles

I often get kidded about my lifestyle. I don't keep a planner, I don't adhere to too strict of a daily schedule (being self-employed has its merits), and I am fairly relaxed about my daily/weekly goings-on. Am I lazy? I don't think so. But when it comes to times and dates and schedules...I think I was absent from school the day they taught the merits of such.

I marvel at these people who have a strict schedule of menus and housekeeping and life in general. At a distance, that is. I don't envy them their...Type-A-ness?

I like to run and walk and ride my bike. I don't have a strict regimen. If I feel like running, I run out my door and down the road. I stop running when I feel like it. After walking some, I start running again when I feel like it. Sometimes, I just run out to the clothesline, or out to the creek, whatever. No rules, here. Run when you feel like it. Cycling usually has more of a plan to it, in that I have to factor in water and food. (Hey, I may be a slacker in a lot of areas, but I can hold my own on a 50-miler, even a century, if I need to prove something.)

So, rereading what I've written so far...this makes me sound like I am totally without self-discipline! No assertive plans, just a slide-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type o' gal.

But wait! Maybe I can blame my parents!

My parents are so funny, and lively, and funny. Next week Mom & Dad & I are embarking on a Rocky Mountain tour-of-the galleries-and-fun-trip-in-general: A) because my Dad is a sculptor, and B) we Websters manage to make just about anything fun, or funner.

So! When do we leave, you might ask? Well, Mom & Dad might come up here to rural Kansas on Sunday, and we will head for the hills ( or mountains) on Monday. Or, Mom & Dad might come up here to rural Kansas on Monday, and we will head for the hills (or mountains) on Tuesday.

Either plan works for me. And them.

Whenever they get here, we will go. Whenever we finish whatever it is we set off to do and see, we will come back.

I love that Spouse o' Mine; he never questions my nonsense.

1 comment:

xpda said...

Funner is not a word.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...