Thursday, August 27, 2009

I had a jolly day today.

This morning I drove to the airport to fetch a former undergrad (Australia) and grad (OSU) college roommate of that Spouse o' Mine's, Mark - from Australia, now giving some papers or hoo-hah in Washington, D.C.

So, rewind to college years of yore: Mark, (and Paul and all the Aussies, I guess, ), were laid-back guitar-playing hippy types. In fact, that Spouse o' Mine was a real blonde, surfy-type, and a guitar-playing dude. I LIKED him!! And this is how I still see them all, 30 years later. I had told our three kids that Mark was this long-haired hippy guy who is so laid back and tons of fun.

Well! I met him at the gate, and I guess I forget to fast-forward all of us 30 years - here comes this professor-Sean Connery-looking guy in professional dress who has clipped grey hair! No Scottish accent, just the nice Aussie lilt of which I am familiar. He and I have had an absolute ball today, trying to recollect names and experiences. Either he recalls something and I don't, or vice versa. It was so funny! (Heaven knows WHAT his blog back home will describe me as...)

What is so nice, as my blog a few weeks ago which spoke about family reunions mentions - meeting up with Mark held no consternation; I knew Mark. Mark knows me. There is such fun in visiting with someone from That Spouse o' Mine's past who knows all the puzzle pieces of our life, and that Spouse's life in Australia, before me, and our life past and present.

That's all there is, tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...