Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What I Love About That Spouse o' Mine Even After 25+ Years of Wedded Bliss:

  1. I love that he's smart. He knows the odd things one needs to know in order to win the Jeopardy National Championships, like, " CO2 + 2 H2A + photons(CH2O)n + H2O + 2A". "What is photosynthesis?"
  2. I love that he loves that I know fun facts like, "How to make morning coffee".
  3. I love that he's always up for adventure.
  4. I love that he always thinks I should be included in the adventure. Even though we both know I cannot climb Mount Rainier.
  5. I love that he can fix things. Even if it involves duct tape after hitting a deer.
  6. I love that YEARS AGO, he would deal with the kids' puking issues, and not invite me to get involved.
  7. I love that he calls me on a moment's notice to invite me to lunch with his counterparts.
  8. I love that he invites me on the 20-mph bike rides every Saturday. He's a dreamer...
  9. I love it when he tells me I smell good - even when I am eating smelly cheese and crackers.
  10. I love that he doesn't mind my cold feet in the winter, or the air conditioning on 68ยบ in the summer.
  11. I love that he will call one of the kids and invite them to do something with him - bike, eat lunch, whatever.
  12. I love that even when I feel like I am looking very much like the 49-year-old that I am, he will have a compliment for me.
  13. I love that we're pretty much on the same page in terms of religious beliefs.
  14. I love that we can banter about politics and international policies.
  15. I love discussing books with him.
  16. I love to watch him talk to college students.
  17. I love laughing at him mowing the lawn in his Jethro Bodean hat and his glass of wine.
  18. I love to look out at him talking to the horses.
  19. I love that he and Graham can sit and talk guitars and Bob Dylan.
  20. I love that he doesn't even laugh when I ask him how to spell "Bob Dillon".
  21. I love him for his awesome talent at painting. Which he does not do NEARLY enough.
  22. I love it when he shows me amazing things in nature that I don't know.
  23. I love that he listens to my inane details of my days out in rural Kansas with the ducks.
  24. I love it when he takes my hand - in a park, across a rushing stream, climbing a mountain.
  25. I love that we have done this dance for 25+ years.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

#21. I agree! He needs to paint more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...