Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Prayers

Tonight I was reading a blog written by Louise Plummer.

Monday she discussed prayer, in addition to other things.

Prayers.  So many of us pray, and are at peace. And yet there are many, many more who have no clue what we are  are talking about: prayer.  Sometimes I think that some of us Christians don't even get it right.

Prayer. 

I am in constant discussion with God throughout my day - be it trying, funny, hurtful, or joyful.  I am in prayer throughout my day.  My prayers at bedtime are my "goodnight sedative", which I have taught our kids:  Start w/ Gma and Gpa, pray about their well-being, dwelling on their blessings and needs, and then move on to each Uncle/Aunt, their kids, and then the next Uncle/Aunt and their kids, progressively through our immediate family. I guarantee that I fall asleep before I reach the end of the family tree.  And so, the next evening, I start with the other branch of our family tree. Vice-Versa Prayers.

And here's a favorite reminder for me: Matthew 6 (KJV):

King James Version (KJV)
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

 Here's a prayer for the week:

Eleanor Roosevelt
Oh! Almighty and Everlasting God, Creator of Heaven, Earth,
and the Universe: Help me to be, to think. To act what is right, because
it is right; make me truthful, honest, and honorable in all things; make me intellectually honest for the sake of right and honor without thought of reward to me. Give me the ability to be charitable, forgiving, and patient
with my fellowmen - help me to understand their motives and their short-comings - even as Thou understandest mine!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...