Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Secret Garden

This is my vegetable garden:






It really looks awful.  It looks like there is more brome grass (hay) in there than anything else. 

But looks are decieving:


I planted only four tomato plants this spring.  I did not anticipate the 10-20 volunteer tomato plants that greeted me yesterday.  Or this one:

This is either a volunteer zucchini, pumpkin, or (what I am really hoping for...) a white acorn squash.  It's like Christmas in July, waiting to see what appears on this vine!

Yesterday the temperature was 105º.   The heat puts me in doldrums.  I get up at 5:00 am, go out as soon as the sun peeks up from the horizon, and by 10:00 am, I am done.  Homebound for the duration of the day and evening...

Autumn cannot arrive too soon. 








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...