Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday 13th

Here I am, looking out the window on a beautiful Friday evening. Sunny. Nary a breeze. I am neither naked nor in three woolen sweaters - which means...I am comfortable. I am in a short-sleeved shirt and jeans. I am not in sweatshirt/sweatpants, and not in t-shirt and skirt, or shorts. Just comfy in jeans and an acceptable short-sleeved shirt.

Nary a breeze: am I repeating myself? (This is Kansas, after all.)

If one consults the local weather yahoos, he might think we are in the midst some catastrophic hoe-down with the elements. Hail. Tornadoes. The end of life as we know it.

The grad student is camping tonight, unless the elements do prove to be fierce. The collegiate cyclists still have it oN their dockets to race tomorrow. I still have it in my plan to sit outside this evening and enjoy the wind: the lack thereof. That Spouse o' Mine is outside toodling away in the perfect atmosphere we are enjoying...

Why is it: we rural Kansans get a glimpse of what real weather and atmosphere might be like, but then we are told: GET READY!! GET THE WATER AND THE LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS AND THE CANNED FOOD AND YOUR PASSPORTS READY! THE END IS NEAR!!!

It is so unsettling. The media hype is wrong.

I am going out now, to enjoy my gardens and the animals, and the world without wind.

* Kansas*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...