Friday, March 23, 2012

The Sun!

This afternoon the sun came out. I sat out on the front porch, talking to my parents on the phone. I could hear bees, lots and lots of bees, buzzing overhead in the blossoming trees.

If you ever have the chance to interact with a flock of ducks, here is a fun party game: Inconspicuously get near enough to them that you can watch them, without them paying much attention to you. Make a funny noise, perhaps a high-pitched "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz", and you will find that they will all immediately stop what they are doing, freeze, and cast one eye upward. It's funny to see all fifteen ducks with their heads tilted upwards, all at the same angle:

Well, maybe it's funnier to me than to them.
They are thinking something up in the air is about to dive-bomb.
I call it an exercise in duck non-complacency.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Ah, it looks so nice! I bet all the rained helped.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...