Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's Cookin'?

I love to cook. And I have quite a collection of cookbooks to reflect this, one of my favorite pastimes. Here are a few (only a few...more to come another day!) that I visit with frequency:

The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook:
Great for providing ideas and menus for all the holidays and celebrations that I enjoy cooking for! A wealth of ideas...




Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special:
A vegetarian cookbook, which provides menus for soups/salads/main menu/whatever. I love this cookbook!






Farmhouse Cookbook:

The author of this cookbook, Susan Herrman Loomis, really did her homework in terms of visiting the farmers of America, and searching out their lifestyles and their recipes. This book is as informative regarding American agriculture and horticulture as it is cookbook! I learned
a lot from reading this book!



And here it is, this evening, in the 50º range, purported to soon be 40º. What better thing to cook for dinner, I think, than lamb-barley stew?
(Sorry...my recipe book is far into the future.)

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Lamb barley stew is one of my favorites. I too decided it was soup night and made curried apple celery soup with shiitake shrooms. I'm surprised you didn't include the cookbook with the quote about squirrel dumplings on your list...

Louise Plummer said...

I am hopeless at cooking and sewing although I love to set a table. I've looked through both your blogs and love it that you play the cello and love the arts generally and that you are persnickety about gardens. Love that persnicketyness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...