Monday, September 12, 2011

Kids Home!

What a fun week! All three adult kids plus a straggler (read: boyfriend) were home to visit.

That sounds odd: "home to visit".

All three kids were home. But anymore, it's difficult to define their homes. I caught myself telling College Boy Graham, "When you get home...", meaning returning to Bellingham and the university, not Wabaunsee and Mom & Dad. I asked Grad Student Gillian, "What time will you be going home tomorrow?" And to College Grad Claire and boyfriend: "What time is your flight home?"

I always say, Home is where you hang your hat. I always refer to Wabaunsee as home. I also refer to my hometown, Pryor Creek, as home. But I always refer to any hotel at which I am residing as home, too. "I'm tired; let's go home." i.e., whatever hotel room I am in that particular night/week.


"I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." ~ Maya Angelou

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." ~ Jane Austin

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." ~ Martin Luther

"More than anything else, I want the folks back at home to think right of me." ~ Elvis Presley

"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a fun week for you... I hope you savored every moment! Like you, I consider home wherever I am... at least until I am really ready to "go home".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...