Friday, September 09, 2011

September Weekend

Not many people read my blog, so maybe I am safe in writing my thoughts. (I should feel safe anytime I write my thoughts, but given that this is the 10th anniversary of 9-11, who knows??)

My thoughts this week, ten years out from that horrible experience? I read something from a native New Yorker, whose words echoed my emotions. This person and their family was leaving town; they will not forget 9-11, but they do not want to be REMINDED about 9-11.

That's me.

I recall every moment of that morning, and I will not recount it here, but it began at my work at the high school library, continued on to taking time to visit my youngest for lunch at his elementary school, (just to "be there" for him, lest he had some wild reactions to the news on terrorism.) {Why the ten-year-old would be subjected to videos of this, is beyond my comprehension, but - there you go...I am only a parent.)

And here we are, safely ten years out, and the press is making wild grabs at what might happen this weekend.

I pray it is MOST anti-climactic. My dear children are flitting here and there this very weekend, from coast-to-coast. I believe they are fine.

And I pray to God that all Americans will be safe this weekend.

On another - more positive - note?

It's raining cats 'n' dogs, just now. Yippee.

We can say: Thanks be to God.

Ilhamdulillah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...