Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hemispheres and Solstices

Here I am this month, enjoying the cold and the snow, and yes, even the dark.  I like this seasonal happening.  I'm not a dark soul or anything, I just like changes in atmosphere, I guess.  Yesterday was the Winter Solstice, first day of our (Northern Hemisphere) winter, shortest day of our year.


I got an email from my mother-in-law this morning, from Down Under.  It's hot there.  And dry.  She is celebrating the 2" of rain they got recently.  


This time last year, that spouse o' mine and I were in Chile, visiting cherry growers.  It was hot there, too!  We had a teeny little rental car with no air conditioner.  But being the tough person I am, I did not whine.  Much.  But figure: 91º and no air conditioner.  It was pretty bad.


Here are some Chilean photos of our trip last year:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...