Friday, August 12, 2011

Sights Seen

There is a lot to see and do in San Diego!

This morning I hopped the trolley with Gillian. One transfer and several stops later, she departed for her last workday on the boats.

I continued on my day of sightseeing: Balboa Park. Museums and botanical gardens: a trolley ride and a bus transfer away. I wasn't really clear on the exact route but details like that rarely slow me down, even to the point of my getting lost. I am very adept at stopping strangers and asking questions. And that's how I navigated this morning. And that's how I found the bus stop on the next block. I got on that one, along with two large groups of noisy people (if we weren't still in the USA, these two groups would have been called obnoxious Americans.) I guess they thought that since I was traveling alone, I must know where I was going. And they began asking me for directions. Ha! Some other guy jumped in with all the information they needed before I could disclose my real talent for getting lost.

Big fig
Where your Newtons come from
What's a trip without a quilt show, I ask?
This was not the only pirate I saw in San Diego this week.
I wonder if I am going to be one of those old ladies who sit in the park,
feeding the pigeons?
This evening Gillian took me out to eat on Coronado Island. What a beautiful place! We walked the neighborhoods admiring the rose gardens, the 6' hedges of lantana, the scent of gardenias, and really pretty palm trees and houses.

We are leaving San Diego bright and early in the morning...for points east.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...