Tuesday, August 09, 2011

All My Bags are Packed

All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go...


I love that song, because that just says ME all over it.

I am packed. Yes - I really DO have a perpetually-packed bag in my closet. I am ready for anything, ANYTIME anyone calls to invite me on a trip. A quest. A hike. A journey.

I am so mentally ready to pull up stakes and move, my goodness, someone deep in my Dutch family tree must have been nomadic way back when.

Case in point: Seven or six years ago, I got a call from my big brother Bob. "Do you want to go to the North Pole with me?" I replied, "Yes!" That was on a Friday. The following Wednesday, Bob, his boy, I, my boy, and a mutual nephew and a college roommate were winging it to north of the Arctic Circle.

So, you see, it pays to adhere to the Scout's creed of Always Be Prepared.

My bags are packed. I'm ready to go. I told Grad Student Gillian to plan the itinerary, navigate, and I'll bring the credit card.

WE'RE OFF!

ON AN ADVENTURE!!!

(stay tuned...)

3 comments:

mllr said...

Can't wait to hear what is in store! What a fun way to live.

Gillian said...

In keeping with your Dutch nomadic family values, we'll do some fennel foraging before we set off. I went to the lake yesterday and scoped out several good clusters!

twebsterarmstrong said...

Because, what's an adventure without fennel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...