Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Start of the New Year!

WELL. This is what happens when I start playing around with HTML and templates and whatnot. My blog went from Jolly Holly to BLACK-LIKE-WINTER. harumph. I very nearly HTML'd myself into a corner on this template nonsense, and am not in the mood to "fix" things tonight, before dinner.

So Happy New Year's Day.

Tomorrow, I will get up bright & early to take that College Boy, Graham, (and whose name from here on will be Graham, since there is too much confusion with College Boy, College Grad, and Grad Student - at least in my wee mind...) to the airport for his flight back to Seattle. His stay was too short, but I will have to come to expect it anymore. Thankfully, I re-read his itinerary tonight, and what was thought (by him) to be a noon flight is in fact a 9:45 am flight. How funny would that be, two Christmases in a row, to goof up his flight itinerary? Well, to most, not at all funny, but to us, it is pretty darn funny. (Last year he accidentally made his return flight back to Seattle on February 2nd instead of January 2nd. His father, that Spouse-o' Mine, had
simply dropped him off curbside at 5:30 am, so who was it, back in her warm bed two hours away on that sub-freezing morning, who got the 5:30 am call that he had a 30-day delay on his departure? ME. All I can say is all's well that ends well, and he did mange to get back for his classes began. Most of them, anyway. Maybe this is a facet of understanding as to why we Armstrongs are a little tilted on the side of "laid-back?)

OK...I am rambling when I should be grilling lamb chops.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, I would guess it would not be too funny at all... at least for another couple of years. Happy New Year to you! It looks like you are having a nice time revisiting Christmas Past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...