Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rumor Has It...

I went to the Rec Center at K-State again this afternoon, and had a hard time finding a park. Come to find out, there was a basketball game during my recreational pursuits time. Huh.

Once inside, I meandered over to the elliptical/bicycle/whatevers and got on something. I was facing four ping pong tables, and between my Southwest Art magazine and the ping pong things going on, I had a delightful time doing whatever it was I was doing.

Last week's rumor was that the Spouse o' Mine had put a hot tub into our once-chicken house now- Bike Barn. Bah! We have no use for hot tubs! Weeks like this one (-5ยบ) are to make us stronger - you know, "that which does not kill us..."

We went to an art gathering tonight, and another local couple offered up another Tale o' the Armstrongs. Apparently, it is said, I sell tea. All sorts of teas. On the internet. ("The lady who lives on the corner of *** and *** sells tea out of her home.")

The only relationship I have with tea is that I drink it at 4:00 in the afternoon.
Most interesting about our evening, beyond the art, was the family who followed us into the gallery, which included two of the ping pong players from the Rec this afternoon. Extrovert that I am, I remarked that, "Hey, I saw you all playing ping pong today!" (I am not shy, not one whit.) What proceeded was a very delightful meeting of two families whose lives have paralleled each other's: OSU, Vet Med/USDA, Pacific Northwest, quilting, Beltsville, MD - you name it! We've been there and done that, as have they. We had a good conversation with them.

And there you have our Saturday. Except what's to come:
Late dinner of grilled lamb chops, garlic-mashed potatoes,
and a mess of green beans.

Yippee!




1 comment:

Gillian said...

Selling tea... I wonder where they got that idea. And what was in Beltsville?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...