Monday, March 15, 2010

Ducks...on a Junebug? naw...

Today I did a bunch of orchard grower piddly-diddly...

OK, ok, here is one part of my day:  I arose way too soon, even for stupid stupid time change standards, so that I was on my computer wayyy before those Pacific Northwest orchard growers were even awake.  But that's not to say I was mentally ready for business.  Especially when the frantic lady from ***somewhere NOT in the Pacific Northwest*** called in to place an order, but all she said was that she had called Friday and no one answered the phone so she suspected that we had gone out of business.  Wha..????  Get a grip, lady.  Maybe I was in what the British refer to as the loo?

I proceeded to take her order, but it turns out, she didn't even know what she was ordering, so the call was ...short.  11 hours later, I get a call from an orchard grower in New Zealand.  Great guy.  I look forward to working with him. 
 
So, here is my very fragmented workday:  11 hours of this, that, and the other.

Mr. New Zealand guy has no idea that when I answered his call, my hands were caked with mud from my garden.  And that I was standing in mud calling my ducks intermittently just before his phone call:   Ducks!   Ducks!!  (I was out toodling in my garden, and any time I came upon a big big worm, I would call, "DUCKS!" and if any came running I would toss the squirming treat their way.  Ick.

I planted garlic and red onions this evening, inbetweenst the New Zealand calls (plural).  It was really too wet to plant, but I declare if I don't do it this week, then by next it will be WAY TOO HOT.

Just you wait and see. 

Anyway.  Tonight was certainly not a case of Ducks on a Junebug, but rather Ducks on a Worm.

And Orchard Growers getting Frantic.  Yessirree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of music do skunks like?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...