Friday, July 10, 2009


I'm still doing the writer's block thing. So! I will tell you very briefly about a poet whom I do not know personally, or even remotely, but I liked his poem, as seen below. Raymond Foss was born in 1960, like me, and is not the youngest of 5 children, like me, but the oldest of five children. He has three children, like me, but his are 3 daughters, not like mine. And here is a nice poem from Mr. Foss' archives:
SUMMER RAIN:
"A break in the heat
away from the front
no thunder, no lightning,
just rain, warm rain
falling near dusk
falling on eager ground
steaming blacktop
hungry plants
thirsty
turning toward the clouds
cooling, soothing rain
splashing in sudden puddles
catching in open screens
that certain smell
of summer rain."
- Raymond A. Foss, Summer Rain

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...