Friday, July 24, 2009

20 Rules...

...that I have broken: (in no particular order)
  • I have stepped on a crack. (my Mom's back is fine. But mine has some sketchy days.)
  • I have eaten raw cookie dough.
  • I have given my young kids raw cookie dough.
  • I didn't pick up after my dog in NYC. (And was yelled at. Nowadays I think the fine is $300.00)
  • I yelled at a fellow driver in NYC. (And was counter-yelled at. By a big irate man who climbed out of his car to do the yelling. I locked my car.)
  • I have argued with a police officer. ("My back wheels may have run the red light, but my front wheels were well within the yellow. And I was in the front seat.")
  • I tried a cartwheel in my late 40s. To see if I still have it. (Nope.)
  • I have gotten up in the middle of the night to go out and look at the stars.
  • I took up bike riding in my mid-40s. To see if I still have it. (Yes!)
  • I soundly give my opinion, frequently even if not even asked.
  • I gave my kids 1 mental health day each semester to use if they did not want to go to school.
  • I went to the Men's once. (Now, what female has not?)
  • I have gone to bed without doing the dishes. (only a few times.)
  • I grew a pineapple in Kansas last year.
  • I told my young son that there were crocodiles under his bed and that he couldn't get out of bed during the night. (He's OK, really. Going to college next month!)
  • I touched an art exhibit in a German museum once, because it looked just like a raw cut-up apple. It WAS a raw cut-up apple!! I still don't know if it was a joke. Maybe I'm on Deutsche Candid Camera somewhere.
  • I have traveled to the Southern Hemisphere with a 3-year old, a 4-year old, and pregnant with another.
  • I caused a commotion in a car repair once, utilizing 6 young kids hopping up and down in front of the counter in order to get service. Our flat was fixed post-haste.
  • I have no problem eating a handful of chocolate chips, sans raw cookie dough.
  • I let my daughter's cat sleep with us at night. This was always against the rules. But now I like it.

3 comments:

mllr said...

I also tried a cartwheel in my late 40s...it is so scary! I touched a Van Gogh when I was 20, am glad the museum cops didn't see me.

twebsterarmstrong said...

And you see, we are kindred spirits.

But don't let's tell our kids what we have done...

Claire Hilary said...

Puzzle greatly thanks you for a bed at night. I miss that bundle of fuzz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...