Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Speaking of Songs...

Kookaburra Sits on the Old Gum Tree...

Yes - so many of us were taught that "exotic" song some many decades ago.  Who knew that I would grow up and have an "inlaw home" where those miniature-yet-LOUD birds harangued our world just before dawn, and just after sunset each day:

|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UazdfDhm7us

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the bush is he.
Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be!

I have to say, the kookaburras are CUTE.  They are small.  How can such a sound emit from this little bird?  As I have mentioned, it was raining at the Botanocal Gardens.

And so there were very few people , and lots of birds flitting about.  Here are some of my Kookaburra shots:






















Oops.  I think that this is a goanna.  I am not even sure how to spell it.  Clearly, not a cookaburra.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...